Thursday, March 19, 2009

How Did People Survive The Great Depression... Without Ending Up A Hobo!?!

I've been hearing a lot lately about a second Great Depression. I'm not sure we're actually going to see something that bad, but I want to make sure I'm prepared in case it happens.

I have been really paranoid lately about losing my job. I'm a salesman, and I'm pretty good at my job. But I've noticed lately that fewer and fewer people are coming into the store and those who do come in are shopping around more.

It's always a matter of more time or more money. People seem to have more time lately. Maybe it's because their hours are being cut back. I'm not sure.

Anyway, I'm trying to develop other forms of income, as I've mentioned before. My paychecks are already getting smaller. I want to replace my old income. That way, if my paycheck disappears completely, I won't be destitute. I will have some income.

My dream is for my multiple streams of income to actually match my paycheck. Then I can keep working at my job because I like it. That way I can stay flexible, if they have to cut my pay more.

No comments:

Post a Comment